Saturday 4 January 2014

Cosy cats

The weather here has been windy and rainy but we are missing the truly awful weather some folk are having here and in America so our hearts go out to you and hope you are safe. Both cats are taking full advantage of the hibernation potential that comes from us being holed up at home.

Thank you to everyone who has wished me well with my knee problem. It is a much slower recovery than I'd hoped but I'm planning to arrange some private physio appointment next week as the local health board (who like to pretend they actually give a damn) appointment is not for another four weeks which will be six weeks post-op and have missed the boat I suspect and I am not willing to jeopardise my return to decent mobility.

Both cats essentially eat, have a little half-hearted joust, use their litter boxes then decide where their next sleep will occur. Magic, as usual, has taken on the role of chief protector and has been practically glued to me overnight as well as taking her shift during the day to see that I am ok.

The other nice thing is that the Christmas tree, which is coming down tomorrow, has actually remained upright the whole time- result!
 This is Joy the angel I made for the top of the tree as I couldn't find the decorations box. The only reason she doesn't have features is that I am hopeless at them and she'd have ended up looking somewhat 'glaikit'*
 The bean bag is still a great favourite
  as is the chair at the dining table that I used for crafting
all cuddled up and cosy
 Sleepy boy on the radiator bed on top of the shredded stool that has been scheduled for renovation since the old cat died circa 2002! I do have plans and the materials for it now, honestly!
 
*Glaikit - Old Scottish word meaning silly, stupid, senseless, clueless, thick etc. Excellent word to use as both a descriptor or as an insult i.e. "He just stood there looking glaikit" or "What have you knocked over now you glaikit numptie". 

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! I just learned a new word to describe TW—glaikit. Heh! Sending healing purrz for your knee. The kitties look very comfy and I like that aqua blankie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're purring for your knee. Your getting an appointment for physio is probably smart. If you can get some guidance on what physical therapy to start doing, at least you have a starting point until your health board appointment. You need to be able to have two healthy knees to chase those cats around!

    We think your Christmas tree looks very elegant, but we don't find it functional for hiding underneath out of reach. On second thought, maybe that was the point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody looks so cosy! I love your little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your comment on the 50th. I love the kitties, your ginger and white reminds me of our lovely Kitty (her name, very original, lol) we still miss her so much even after all this time.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!