Thursday 10 July 2014

Feline Grace

I am humbled by how much grace, stoicism and understanding Magic is showing with her condition. She has just come to me to have her bandage reapplied. I noticed earlier it was beginning to loosen a little but was substantially intact so I decided to leave it for the time being. Just now she's obviously had another good go at it and also managed to get the ends sopping wet presumably from drinking more water.
So she came to find her favoured human and made it known things needed sorting then sat on the sofa where I normally perform her care. I didn't have a spare primapore dressing to hand but she let me go for it while waiting patiently for me. Once we were done I lifted her for our post-treatment cuddle and she couldn't snuggle in any closer and was frantically trying to groom my hair which felt like a thanks. I am actually moist eyed writing this at her bravery in accepting what I do for her, for how she is playing a part in her care and knowing to come and tell me something needs fixed.

I'm hideously biased about Magic as she has been there for me through some dreadful life events so it is a privilege to care for her in her hour of need.

8 comments:

  1. Cats are so much more intelligent than we give them credit for. They seem to understand that what we are doing is helping them,and I'm sure they feel our love as we care for them.
    Kisses for your girl.
    Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am purring ! Love and so much purrrs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are very knowing and can tell at a glance if we are upset or mad. Grace is very brave while you are tending her neck and she knows you are helping her.
    Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magic knows where to go for help. :) Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww bless her, it makes me want to cry reading about it. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweet girl knows you are there to help her. Sending purrs for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of purrs and prayers for you and Magic! She knows you are helping her!!
    Your TX furiends,

    PS: We got your package and Mom loves the bracelet!! And I love everything else! Hehehehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete

It's good to talk, and we love comments so feel free to say hello!